Class Schedules & Descriptions
UDC Fall 2016 Dance Schedule
S.C. Sarah Cover
K.S. Kate Stevens
M.M. Michele Mackay
J.R. Jen Ruest
E.S. Everett Spink
- 3:45 - 5:00 Jr Hip Hop 4/5 C.C.
- 4:00 - 5:15 Jr Boys S.C.
- 5:00 - 6:15 Jazz Funk E.S.
- 6:15 - 7:45 Senior Company (Elite Pre-Company) S.C.
- 2:45 - 3:45 Early Performers S.C.
- 3:45 - 4:45 Freestyle S.C.
- 4:00 - 5:00 Kids Hip Hop R.K.
- 4:45 - 6:00 Contemporary S.C.
- 5:00 - 6:15 JR Hip Hop 2/3 C.C.
- 5:00 - 6:15 Pre-Company R.K.
- 6:15 - 7:30 HH 2/3 R.K.
- 3:45 - 5:00 Jr HH 1 S.C.
- 4:00 - 5:00 Boys HH 7-9 S.J.
- 5:00 - 6:15 HH 5 S.C.
- 5:00 - 6:15 Beg Street Tap J.R.
- 6:15 - 7:30 Adv Street Tap J.R.
- 3:30 - 4:30 Early Performers S.C.
- 4:00 - 5:00 Kids Jazz/Ballet M.M.
- 4:30 - 5:30 Jr Ballet K.S.
- 5:30 - 6:30 Jr Jazz K.S.
- 6:30 - 7:45 Adv Ballet K.S.
- 7:45 - 9:00 Adv Lyrical K.S.
- 9:30AM - 10:30AM Kids Hip Hop S.C.
- 10:30AM- 11:15AM Tot Hip Hop S.C.
- 5:45pm Hip Hop Punch Tone
- 6:15pm RahBarre
- 5:30pm Hip Hop Punch Tone
Hip Hop: All of our hip hop classes are taught by the most experienced hip hop teachers in the state. Each class will differ depending on the style of the individual teacher. Every instructor takes several master classes a year from the best hip hop teachers in the business, keeping their information fresh and their skills as current as possible.
- Hip Hop 2: 1 year experience
- Hip Hop 2/3: 2 to 3 years experience
- Hip Hop 3: 3 years experience
- Hip Hop 3/4: 3 to 4 years experience
- Hip Hop 4: 4 years experience
- Hip Hop 4/5: 5 plus years experience and must get teacher approval in advance.
- Kids: ages 7-9
- Junior: ages 10- 14 (numerical levels apply the same)
Jazz Funk: Jazz Funk is an extension of hip hop adding smoother lines and more jazz like technique. (numerical levels apply the same)
Jazz Funk Fusion: This style blends contemporary, jazz, and jazz funk styles to create a funk style to numerous types of music.
Contemporary: a blend of modern, lyrical and some jazz funk moves to alternative music.
Street Tap: Tap taught in a non traditional way with the hottest music.
Early Performer Company: UDC Touring company achieved through audition process for ages 7-9. (one additional class per week)
Pre-Company: UDC Touring company achieved through audition process for ages 10-13. (2 additional classes per week)
Senior Company: UDC Touring company achieved through audition process for grades 9-12. (3 additional classes per week)
Pre Professional Company: UDC Touring company achieved through audition process for the top audition score for grades 9-12. (5 additional classes per week)
Precision Dance will be covering various styles of dance including Pom, Jazz, hip hop, military, and modern and focus on implementing pieces with clear-cut and accurate body placement. At competitions, judges are looking for team members who perform with great attention to quality of movement, their body positions, and precision of the piece overall. This class will help you become precise in your movements and aware of your body. This class acts as a preparation class to get you ready for the skill set required for dance team or cheer leading and to help you progress and maintain your current ability level. The fundamentals of spirit team will be reflected through this class by focusing on strength training including flexibility and conditioning. Working on skill progression in high kicks, and in a variation of leaps and turns, followed by focusing on precision while implementing various talents, and receiving tips for auditions. I will work with each class member to help them meet their potential while pushing them to gain new abilities.